Mega VISA Domestic Credit Card
Mega VISA Domestic Credit Card is issued in Nepalese Rupee (NPR) and is valid in Nepal and India. It is a small plastic card issued to users as a system of payment that allows its holder to withdraw cash, buy goods and services based on the holder’s promise to pay for these goods and services. The issuer of the card grants a line of credit to the consumer (or the user) from which the user can borrow money for payment to a merchant or as a cash advance to the user.
A credit card is different from a debit card as debit requires the customer bank account with available balance to be deducted during the transaction. Credit cards allow the consumers to perform a transaction as per the limit assigned to the card holder.
- Accepted in all ATM and POS Terminals in Nepal and India.
- Make online payments for purchase of goods and services securely on any VbV (Verified by Visa) merchant websites within Nepal and India.
- Convenient payment option of 5 % & 100 %.
- Service charge free credit period from 15 – 45 days
- Lowest service charge rate in the industry for revolving credit only 24% per annum.
- Cash limit will be 10% of credit limit. (Subject to be changed as per NRB policy)
- 3 years validity.
- EMV compliant chip based secure card.
- Supplementary card can be issued to primary cardholder’s spouse or children.
- Free transaction alert service for each card transaction.
- Billing information in both mobile and email address.
- If you are the account holder of the Bank, please make sure that the KYC details are up to date. If you do not have an account with the Bank, you will be required to open an account.
- Latest annual salary certificate in official letter head signed by authorized staff.
- Company registration certificates, tax registration certificate, latest tax clearance certificate, share registered book and latest audited financial report for self-employed businessperson.
- Lease Agreement valid for additional one year for those who have other income sources like rental income.
- No income certificate required to those who would like to take credit card against lien on Fixed Deposit, Current or Saving Account at Mega Bank Nepal Limited.
- Account statement of latest last three months of any commercial bank.
- Recent passport size photo of card applicant (and supplementary card applicant if applicable).
- Copy of citizenship certificate.
Safety & Security:
- Do not disclose credit card PIN to anyone.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Frequently change the ATM PIN.
- Frequently check the account statement for transaction verification.
- Verify SMS/email alert after each transaction.
- Immediately contact bank for any dispute or any unusual activities found.